Healthy Food: I Love Making Healthy Food Choices - 5 Reasons Why I Like Making Healthy Food Choices

Making healthy food choices doesn't come naturally. As a matter of fact everywhere you turn there are ads and commercials extolling the benefits of eating unhealthy. That is the American lifestyle, live, work and eat as fast as you can. "Damn the consequences, Full speed ahead!
The consequences can vary from bad to worse. For me it was a trip down the highway with the sirens blaring, the lights flashing and the paramedic feeding me nitroglycerin. That trip was not fun, as a matter of fact, it was down right scary. But it did get my attention!
Being a young man of sixty five I wasn't ready to pilot a rocking chair just waiting to die. I wanted to live, be productive and enjoy life. So I decided that if I wanted to live - I'm working on Methuselah's record - I needed to make some changes in my life.
The first area I needed to change was what I put in my mouth. They say you are what you eat. Eat junk and you will have an unhealthy body. Anyway, change for me doesn't come easy unless I have good reasons for that change. So here's a list of the reasons I came up with to make healthy food choices.
1}Say Goodbye To All The Chemicals
Read the label of that food you are about to serve your family. Look at all the preservatives that are used to keep it from spoiling and better yet look at all those ingredients you can't even pronounce let alone know what they are.
If they are putting sawdust in your food why do they need to change it's name to something you don't understand. You don't suppose they don't want you to know they're putting sawdust in your food do you?
That is one reason I am all for making healthy food choices. All the different preservatives and chemicals that are contained in processed foods couldn't possibly be good for you.
2)I Want To Savor The Flavor
One of the biggest reasons for making healthy food choices for myself is the flavor. I like to taste food! I like the robust flavor of fresh fruits and vegetables. The reason so many vegetable dishes are served with the vegetables swimming in mushroom soup or cheese sauce is that there is no taste to the canned vegetables. You need something to add flavor.
Try some fresh green beans. They are loaded with flavor, delicious to savor and best of all they are loaded with good for you nutrients.
Take an acorn squash, wash it and stick it in the microwave for two to three minutes. When the skin is soft, split in two, scrape out the seeds, add a little butter to each half and you have a food that is so good for you and the best part is it tastes fantastic.
3}I Choose To Eat To Live Longer
Reports of obesity and all the health problems it causes are all over the news these days. From children to adults this problem is getting worse as people turn to fast food for their lunches and dinners.
Obesity puts a terrible strain on your heart, making it work twice as hard to function properly. Causing high blood pressure and all sorts of complications that cannot be reversed unless you lose that weight. Obesity is also directly related to diabetes, which is also on the rise here in America.
Eating healthy makes me feel better and have more energy. If you eat healthy, studies show that you can live longer and have less health issues than someone who does not.
I would like to live to enjoy my grandchildren and one day, their children. I know this is possible so I choose to eat healthy to make sure I have as much time with them as possible. If eating healthy can make you live longer, I choose to eat to live longer.
4}I Choose To Eat To Be In Health
If making healthy food choices helps me to stay in vibrant health then I choose to make healthy food choices. All around me I can see the evidence of making bad food choices. You can too. Just go people watching at any mall or a busy street corner and you'll be overwhelmed at all the results of making bad food choices.
The great thing about making healthy food choices is that you can start anytime. Like right now! I didn't until that ambulance ride got my attention. Now I make healthy food choices every day. Every day it gets easier to make those choices, to say no to unhealthy food and to live a healthy life style.
5)I Want to Enjoy My Family
If Making healthy food choices allows me to live longer and be in healthy so that I can enjoy my family then I choose Healthy Food. I have eight children, eight grand children so far and a fantastic wife.
I want to be able to spend time, quality time with them all to let them know just how special they are and how I love them so much.
I want to be able to spend a lot of time with my wife. When you both work and you're taking care of the kids you don't get to spend a lot of quality time with your spouse. By making healthy food choice now I hope, The Lord Willing, I'll get to spend a lot of quality time with her.
Those are five reason that I choose to make healthy food choices. There are more reasons but you get the idea. Making healthy food choice is a matter of life and death. I choose life! I want to live! That is why I like making Healthy food choices!
Making healthy food choices is confusing and time consuming. At the authors web site: http://healthfood-guide.com/healthyfoodchoices.aspx they help you sort out the truth and hopefully get you on the track to making healthy food choices.
Article Source: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment